Butternut squash Pizza style
After moving to Argentina I got to know that everything can be made pizza style. Whole chicken pizza style, Wiener Schnitzel pizza style Yes you name it!
The other day we had a butternut squash that needed to be used so why not do it pizza style? It was so simple to make.
|This is not the best pictures as it is taking with a cell phone. But you can see my dinner with chicken, the squash made pizza style some tomatoes and Brussels sprouts made with pecan nuts and onions.|
Recipe for butternut squash pizza style:
- Cut the butternut squash in slices place in a tray. Let it be in the oven until tender.
- While the squash is in the oven make your favorite tomato sauce. (I cooked one onion, added 2 cans of tomato, some oregano and of cause some Tabasco.
-When the squash is tender pour the tomato sauce over the squash add cheese and place it back in the oven for a few minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe for the Brussels sprouts with pecan nuts and onion.
- clean the sprouts and boil for 5min i let salted water.
- cut onion in cubes and pan in olive oil for a few minutes add the pecan nuts.
- When the Brussels sprouts are done boiling cut them in half and mix with the onions and pecan nuts.
There you go a really good meal and a different way of getting some vegetables.