Thursday, August 2, 2012

When do we realize the reality of life?

The hike that made me realized the reality of life! 



I have always known that I was unhealthy. Ever since I can remember I have been the fat girl. I never wanted to be the fat girl. But I never realized how dangers I was living my life. Not before November 4th 2010. I still remember this day now 1½ year later. 
I went on a fore, me BIG hike together with my host parents. We were going to walk to the top of Multnomah Falls (maybe better know from twilight). Both of my host parents were caring a kid on the back I was just carrying myself (110kg heavy) I was about to die. If it hadn’t been for my host mom pushing me, I would never have been able to get to the top and see the amazing view. It was a huge success for me to get to the top, and finally finish something I started. You maybe be thinking why I realized the reality of life this day. 
It happened like this:
On the way to the top when I couldn’t breathe, my host mom (who is a doctor) looked at me and said something like:” Line you are 19th years old and you going to die young if you don’t change your lifestyle and get healthier”.  Wow that choked me. No one ever had the courage of telling me how dangers I was living my life. I mean being 19th with a weight over the 110kg? 
You might think why didn’t you do something before then it has been 1½ year? I did do something! 
With the help of my host mom I actually lost 10kg and got in a much better shape than I ever has been in.  But I wasn’t ready it took me a year to gain those 10kg again and getting in a bad shape. (Stupid yes trust me, I know)! But with my host mom’s words in my mind every day, I now know that I am doing the right thing now. I am getting healthy and I am going to live a LONG and happy life. 

I am you forever thank full mommy T you will always have a special place in my heart.  

Next time I see you, we have to do that hike again but this time without a break!! =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment