Cabbage soup recipeThe 7 days soup!
As I promised earlier here is the recipe I used for the soup. We have been 2 eating from it and it lasted for 3 days. Probably we haven’t been eating enough of it, so calculate with around 4 days for one person.
The soup is really simple to make, all you need is:
- 6 large green onions (also called “spring onions”)
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cans of tomatoes
- 4 carrots
- 1 container of mushrooms (you can easily do it without)
- 1 bunch of celery
- Half a head of cabbage
- 2 cubes of bouillon
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
1. Slice green onions, put in a pot on medium heat and start to sauté with cooking spray. Do this until the onions are whiter/clearer in color (about 4-6 minutes).
2. Cut the green pepper into bite size pieces and add to pot.
3. Take the outer leafs layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, add to pot.
4. Clean carrots, mushrooms, and celery, cut into bite size pieces and toss them in. Add tomatoes now, too.
5. If you would like a spicy soup, add a small amount of curry and chili now.
6. For seasonings, you can use vegetable bouillon cubes.
7. Use about 12 cups of water, cover and put heat on low. Let soup simmer for a long time – about 2 hours or until vegetables are tender.